Do a search for Relaxation or de-stress and I guarantee you’ll get some links for meditation and mindfulness, and so you should!
The benefits of mindfulness and meditation are now scientifically proven. The benefits include:
- Can help reduce symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression
- Relaxes the nervous system and muscles
- Supportive to immune system
- Helps endocrine system to balance
- Improves concentration and focus
- Helps develop inner peace
- Self confidence, self acceptance
- Creativity and connect to inner wisdom
- Brings contentment
However, sometimes meditation can be really hard – maybe the one you’re trying isn’t the best one for you. Here are a few types of meditation:
- Mindfulness & Meditation
- Paying attention to your thoughts, not judging them or yourself, but acknowledging them as they arise
- Guided Meditation or Guided Visualisation
- Where you are guided through a landscape, scenery or experience by a teacher and through this you relax and use your senses. So your whole body goes through the experience. This is great for beginners and so allowing the visualisation can help focus the mind and allow the body to relax fully
- Focused Meditation
- Where you focus on one particular item/ This is often the breath, counting the in and the out, a part of your body, a candle, flower or crystal. Allowing yourself to focus completely on that item and if your mind wonders then you refocus on the object
- Moving Meditation
- You don’t have to sit cross-legged to meditate – walking is a great way t o link into nature and meditate. You can be observant of the nature and use all your senses around you or focus on one of your body movements such as your feet on the ground with each step.
- Transcendental Meditation
- Transcendental meditation has its links to India and the Ayurvedic system. You will usually use a mantra to focus on during a session – such as om.
Want to experience different styles? Then come to one of the Mindful Meditation for Relaxation Classes that I run ! We practice a variety of tools so you can enjoy them all and find out which one works best for you to get into your Space for Calm.
Classes cost £10 a session (or £7.75 if you book a block – available in September) – contact Romella – details below to book your space
PLUS you can sign up for my FREE Online Meditation – Positive Steps to Calm Program here – http://romella.co.uk/want-take-positive-steps-creating-calm/
Or my free 21 Day Balance and Calm Email Mini-Course – each day you’ll receive an email and a video with a tip or tool or technique to support your balance and calm. Click here – http://romella.co.uk/sign-free-21-day-program-tools-balance-calm/