Today is the 21st December – the shortest daylight hours – the winter solstice. The sun is closest to the horizon than at any other point in the year. What does it mean for us in 2018?Continue reading
Christmas is a wonderful time of the year, however it can also be a stressful time too, especially for children.
There is the serious issue of overwhelm, anxiety and more negative emotions:
- Which presents do you want? Endless decisions
- What part do you get in the school performance?
- Can Santa see me all the time?
- Remembering words to the songs?
- Standing in front of hundreds of people to “perform”
- Elves and Santa-Cams and threats of bad behaviour resulting in less presents
- Does Santa love me? As much as my friend?
- Picking up on stressed parents?
- Overhearing conversations saying negative things about other family members?
- Writing and receiving (or not) Christmas cards
- What are we doing in class today?
- Where’s my school routine gone completely
- How does Santa get into the house?
- Why does he come in my room with the stocking?
- Sugar and food overload
- Expectations of behaviour and interactions with others
- and more….
As a parent there are things you do to support your child or children in this festive time.
Touch is a wonderful gift – we all know about baby massage and the wonderful oxytocin hormone which is releases for both baby and parent doing the massage – the happy hormone flowing between both. Supporting and nurturing and creating a wonderful bond.
You can do massage at any age and story massage is a wonderful way to do this – especially with Christmas songs and carols. Children love this and they can share the idea with you too! An absolute win win!
Why am I telling you this? Well firstly its something you can do by yourself, but if you want more support I have an interactive playbook and video series all around the topic of Christmas Calm – all for £15.99
- Reduce the stress hormones that are whooshing around your child’s body
- Create a nurturing, calming space for you and your child to be present in
- Ability to connect to your child in a positive & fun way
- Oxytocin the happy hormones flows through both child & parent and overrides the negative stress hormones that were present before
- Freedom to use simple tools you can use at any time – from walking to/from school, cuddle time, bedtime and more
- Enhance that special parent-child bond at a time of anxiousness and worries
- Create a positive sleep environment
- Support your child as they go through the day at school with a lack of routine
- Help your child to know they are loved unconditionally, regardless of behaviour
- Create positive memories over the festive period
What do you get?
- An interactive playbook full of tools for your Christmas calm.
- Story Massage 20 page Ebook and 6 part video series
- Top 10 tips for Christmas Calm
- Positive visualisations to do with your child (Christmas angel visualisation and snow visualisation)
- 20 Mindfulness activities to do with your child
- 5 days from the “Balance and Calm Toolkit for Christmas Calm” (including Christmas Eve with bonus calming ideas!)
All for just £15.99 – which you can use every year!
Buy your Christmas Calm pack which includes story massage videos and interactive playbook for £15.99 here – you can sign up here and I will email you the interactive playbook
Top 10 Tips to Support your Energy at this Festive Time of Year
Another blist this time looking at how you can support your energy and sanity in this very emotionally & physically draining time of year! These are some tips to reboost
- Breathe – breathe slowly in and out x 5; you can use colours (eg pink is for love, green to heal, blue to calm etc)
- Use Bach Rescue Remedy – suitable for most people and children. The spray is particularly useful, if not a drop in water or drinks for you and kids can really calm!!
- Lavender oil – use a diffuser or few drops on your pillow or bedding (or kids clothing!)
- Rose quartz crystals are great for calming and creating an atmosphere of love – love for others and self love. Give them a clean and charge then program for what you want them to do (see my older blog. Its a full moon on Christmas day so make sure you give them a clean and charge on your windowsill after a busy day
- Energy healing – sit quietly with hands on your solar plexus/ tummy or thighs and just allow the universal energy to flow (everyone can do this, no attunement needed). Use when watching TV – no needs to know
- Writing – sit down and write what ever comes into your head – perhaps a letter to your future or past self or writing all the great things that have happened in 2015
- Write a channeled angel message. Sit quietly and breathe slowly and ask your favourite angel or guardian angel if there are any messages and then simply write everything down without analysing what you write.
- Cleanse your house, it may be vacuumed and dusted and mopped but energetically may need a cleanse too. Use an incense stick (or sage if you have any) and walk around the house holding the smoke in the corners and asking for the rooms to cleared energetically. Especially in the main rooms where loud talking occurs & kids bedrooms.
- Use oracle cards – pull a card a day or whenever you need a pickmeup message. Ask what message you need for that moment and then look at the picture at all the details which pop out at you and take all that comes into your mind as part of the message – then afterwards read the guidebook.
- Cord cutting – we all have tiny cords of energy joining us together – which is why we think f someone just before they call – these attachments however can link us to people from our past we no longer want around us, to people we work with or friends who you find draining after spending time with. So its important to be able to clear these negative links and keep the cords flowing with love. To cut your cords imagine a figure 8 and you are in one circle and everyone else in the other circle. Then ask Archangel Micheal (or do it yourself) cut the two circles apart and ask that only cord that are of love and for your highest good remain. This may need repeating daily if there is a long term drain. I will do a video on this as soon as my throat is better
In the meantime I wish you all the very best of the Season and hope you find space for calm for yourself and enjoy all that the season has to offer
love and Sparkle
This is for you! Calm For Christmas Pack £9.99
Series of videos and an E-book to support you through the festive season