What do you call yourself?
What other names do you answer to?
How do you introduce yourself?
When are you “you” and not a role?
I’ve been thinking about this more and how I introduce myself. Most often I’m “Hello I’m Rom, Mum to x”, when I’m working “I’m Romella, I’m all about sharing quick simple tools to bring you into balance and calm”. It’s only occasionally that I’m “just” me. But there’s no just about it.
The person I am is part of all the roles I have in life; as mother, wife, daughter, teacher, friend, therapist, leader… It’s my mindset, my actions, my beliefs, my objectives, my aims, my experiences which all become part of who I am – the real me.
How often are you your true self – not fulfilling the role of Mum, Daughter, Carer, cleaner, cook, laundry manager?
I’m finding I need to switch off from my roles and make sure I spend some time being me. This might mean that the ironing isn’t done very frequently, that I have my head in a book just for fun, that I need some lone time to meditate (maybe with a nap afterwards).
I really need time alone to “just be”, in order to be the best person I can to fulfill the roles I love to do. If I don’t get a good nights sleep, or the children fight bedtimes & I don’t get to switch off in the evening, or if I don’t meditate or miss my doTERRA supplements – then I won’t be the best person I can be. I get angry. upset, emotional.
I react differently to how my calm, normal self would have done in the same circumstances. I might blame them (the child, husband, other driver), but in reality it was me – my not prioritising myself, by not doing things that nurture and sort “me”, things that bring me into balance and calm. Often those around us share lessons with us that can go misunderstood or unrecognised.
Its important that we look after ourselves – as the slogan says – “You’re worth it”. If you aren’t looking after yourself, how can you look after others?
What do you do just for you?
If you can’t think of anything I can share some suggestions.
- Join me on a sunday evening at 8 pm for a free guided visualisation (or revisit past ones)
- Sign up for my free 7 day spiritual connection freebie (https://romella.simplero.com/page/74244)
- Want to meditate but can’t commit to a class – then why not try my monthly meditation group online (access weekly content, supported in a facebook group) – https://romella.simplero.com/page/71101-meditation-online-group
- Want to connect with your intuition, your feminine power, your spiritual connection? Then you could come to my monthly Women’s Circle (1st Weds of the month £10) or join an online version (https://romella.simplero.com/page/72571-looking-for-a-better-connection
- Book yourself in to learn The Balance Procedure (a simple daily tool to get aligned to what you want to create in your life)
- Look at learning Reiki so you can give yourself some energy work at anytime day or night (and share with your family too)
- Use crystals (rose quartz for self love is perfect start). Search my blogs for getting started with crystals
- Look into essential oils ( I can do a one2one wellness consultation with you and give you free samples, or hold an introduction to essential oil classes at your home for you and your friends)
- Read a book – something uplifting
- Have a beautiful bath – candles, bubbles, wine, cup of tea whatever you enjoy!
Whatever you like to do, find time in your day and week to be the true you.
If you want to learn more about how you can connect to yourself – then please do contact me
yours positively & with love