Following on from my previous blog on 10 steps to calm, these steps are to recognise and release the advances, issues, successes you made in 2015 and welcome in the new possibilities of 2016.
You may ask why its take a couple of weeks for me to write and post this, but I’ve been going through this process myself. Over the holidays I tried to be more present with my children and not work (following my own advice!), so now I’m catching up and in a place to share. Also 2016 and resolutions is not just something we should do on one day, but it is an ongoing process – there is no late, too late or better late than never. Recognise that the perfect time for you to do this may not be 31st December or 1st January, it may actually be on your birthday, or on the 1st Feb when everything settles down and you have really thought about what you want to achieve in 2016.
These are the things I have been doing since 2015 ended and plan to continue doing into 2016. I hope you find some to add to your routines:
- Do a 12 card oracle card reading for yourself. Sit quietly and shuffle your cards and simply ask what you need to do in 2016, or what will happen in 2016 or what information your angels have to share with you about each month. However, you want to phase it. Then write down what you thinks, feel, what words and phases come through; maybe even take a photo of the card and put it in a word document. By creating a written document you are then able to review the previous month and see what is coming up for the next month. You may think you’ll remember but if you wrote it in January and then it happens in MArch – you have the proof that you said it was going to happen 🙂
- Write a letter to your 2015 self, share the successes, the could do betters and your goals and affirmations for 2016
- Write your goals for each quarter of 2016. For an action or activity to be a goal, you need to put what what the result should be and a deadline by it – otherwise its just a hope! Review the at the end of each quarter to see your progress and maybe adapt. Remember to congratulate yourself on any and all successes so matter how small.
- Join a supportive online network or physical (real life!) group. For example a women’s circle, spiritual development or bookclub (I’m starting some soon at the Gorge Therapy Centre) or if you live further away consider starting your own.
- If you have small children then aim to spend a dedicated amount of time playing with them or doing art or child lead activity each day after school. Break it into 2 x 10 mins or short 5 minutes focused play if easier to fit in around tea. But no phones, facebook or TV. Just sitting and cuddling whilst talking about the day or sharing a book can be really beneficial to you and your children. I know it all gets mad busy after school in our house, so I try and fit this in and feel better afterwards knowing I’ve done it.
- Start writing a gratitude journal – get a nice notebook and pen and then every day write x1 thing you are grateful for, again size isn’t important. By showing gratitude the universe will send you more of the same 🙂
- Morning Mutterings – have a 10 minute scribble every morning writing about anything in your mind, outpouring any thoughts present… then just bin it. It can really help clear the find of thoughts and what if cycles that can circle around
- To Do lists – this is a practice I am doing every day. At the start of the day over breakfast I spend 10 minutes writing everything I need to do – in no order and without reference to how or when. then afterwards review it and prioritise, drop and action. Adding a big tick at the end of each completion!
- Gratitude jar (or tin/ box) – Get a jar or old chocolate tin and then regularly put things in to remember positives as they happen, eg pebbles/shells from a beach, money, kind words from people/clients, copy of cheques, an abundance cheque, crystals, coins, mementoes of 2016. Then at the end of the year go through the jar and review those successes and feel the pleasure from achieving goals or having fun on the beach.
- Presents not presence – your time can only be used once, so focus on what you want every day and be grateful for all positives
- Put yourself first regularly – if you are empty of energy then you can not give others energy – an empty watering can cannot water the plants to help the flowers grow if it is never refilled.
- Do what you love everyday. If you cant do it for a living then do it as a hobby. Be in touch with your joy and your sparkle – others will notice it and the ripple effect will happen
I hope you find these 12 steps useful, some may resonate with you and others not appeal at all and that’s fine. Do what makes you sparkle
or my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/cariadtherapiesnewport?fref=ts
or for more information on SleepTalk click here http://cariadtherapies.com/therapies/sleeptalk/
Romella is an award winning Holistic and Energy Practitioner based in Newport Shropshire & Ironbridge and available through Skype. I work with you, the whole you, to create packages to empower you to be the person you want to be. I include energy healing & clearing, relaxation techniques, life purpose support & teach self-help tools for you, your children and your family. To bring about a space of calm and positive change for the whole family.