Here are a few of my favourite tips and tools for surviving cold season!
- Crystals – headaches – amethyst on the forehead or base of skull can help with headaches and migraines. Or green aventurine on the forehead.
- Sinus pain – I place a green aventurine on all 4 sinus spots and lie down for 10-20 minutes
- Immune System boost – place a sodalite crystal on the base of the throat. Also bloodstone is great to boost the immune system when you start feeling the first signs – place on your thymus.
- Preventative – I use a blend called On Guard which is great to diffuse if someone is showing signs of illness and you want to help prevent it spreading! DoTERRA say – “On Guard protects against environmental and seasonal threats with essential oils known for their positive effects on the immune system”
- Breathing – I love the DoTERRA blend breathe and use it in the diffuser and have a roller ball of it too. I find it helps to clear airways and is great on the feet as it gets into the blood stream quickly. In fact my daughter has a diluted version on her feet and back right now! As well as the essential oil it also comes a vapor stick and ready-made rollerball
- Dr Bach Rescue Remedy is also on my list, as although it isn’t going to help with the symptoms when I’m ill I can get a bit short-tempered (;-)), so this helps keep me calm and balanced.
- Plenty of liquid and rest is key for me as well! Maybe a hot toddy too!
Romella is an author and award winning Holistic and Energy Practitioner based in Shropshire and available through Skype. I work with you, the whole you, to create packages to empower you to be the person you want to be. I include energy healing & clearing, relaxation techniques, life purpose support & teach self-help tools for you, your children and your family. To bring about a space of calm and positive change for the whole family. Books include the series “Balance and Calm Toolkit” (for Frazzled Mums) and a version for families.
Book available – http://amzn.to/2cyl3nI