It’s that time of the year. The fun and fizzle of the festive season has past. The excitement of the new year and new possibilities has burst into the mundane routine.
Feeling blagh! I don’t do resolutions, there’s always the need to lose a bit of weight and do more exercise whether January, May or October! I’ve tried in the past and then lost interest and ability to continue a few weeks in (OK may be 7 days in!). Then I’m left with the self-disappointment of failure and all those other negative emotions and self-talk start rolling in! Best not to do it is my new philosophy – why put myself up for disappointment?!
Do I not set goals or aspirations? Yes I do, some are huge, just I don’t hang the success of the year or myself on them! So what do I do?
Firstly I sit quietly and meditate to clear the self-talk and mind-monkey that yaps on – a lot! Then whilst in that quiet space I sit and think and feel the three key adjectives that describe me and what I want to achieve this year. I need to feel them to see if they work for me (or resonate). Are they a good fit. I did this a couple of weeks ago and the words “calm – peace – opportunity” came up. Today I’ve done it again and have new words for myself in 2018:
For 2017 I had the key words of:
- inner calm
- balance and calm
These words really mean something to me, I use them as a ruler when I want to create courses, make decisions or with the family. I’m not sure I fulfilled the flourish but inner calm and connection were very much true for me!
For 2018 I have meditated and found these “feel” right for me:
- inner calm
- spiritual connection
- pleasure & presence
- in the flow and fluid
How do these work for ?
- inner calm – emotional balance throughout the month (!), calm and positive around the family, space for me to find and attach my inner calm
- Spiritual connection – to my higher & inner self, spiritual connection, connection to those I can empower
- Pleasure & Presence – all I do needs to bring me pleasure or I won’t do it. Plus presence in all do – mindful presence
- in the flow and fluid – releasing blocks and issues and flowing downstream rather than fighting against the flow. Fluid is being able to change direction or new paths
- Bloom – for my business to flower and bloom and bring me and those it touches joy
So what would your words be? Please share them over on the facebook page!
And if a key word no longer fits or another comes along that’s better – that’s fine. I’ll adapt my key words so I’m in the flow – and not under pressure. So I don’t put pressure on myself for something I thought was right for me at the end of December or January 1st . The year flows from one day to the next and so does opportunity to be and connect to who you want to be
love and light